1933 - 2017
- Baxter, Charles M 83, was called home August 21, 2017 at Signature Health Care at Rockford.
- He was preceded in death by his parents, Charles and Elsie Baxter.
- Charlie graduated from Shawnee High School. He was a proud member of the U.S. Army Security Agency and a member of St. Stephen United Church of Christ. He retired in 1991 from Bell South Telephone Co. as a Manager, with 40 years of service.
- He gave much of his time afterwards to the PRP Boys basketball team, and was a devoted fan of UK Basketball.
- Left to cherish his memory are his loving wife of 60 years, Blanche; a daughter, Janet Storm (Richard), a son, Michael Baxter (Jamie); five grandchildren, Suzy, Alicia, and Kelli Storm, Mikayla and Erin Baxter.
- Funeral Services will be Saturday at 11:00 AM at Owen Funeral Home 5317 Dixie Hwy. Burial is in Louisville Memorial Gardens West. Visitation is Friday 2:00-8:00 PM. In lieu of flowers, Expressions of Sympathy may go to his church, UCC 1875 Farnsley Rd. Louisville, KY 40216.
- Online condolences may be made to www.owenfuneralhome.com
- Published in The Courier-Journal on Aug. 24, 2017