- Rosalie H. Sandmann, age 73, of Lafayette, passed away at 12:56 a.m. Saturday, June 24, 2017 at St. Elizabeth East.
- Born on October 5, 1943 in Louisville, KY, she was the daughter of the late Jesse G. Haven and Rosie Mae (Poole) Haven.
- She was a 1961 graduate of Shawnee High School. She married Gerald Sandmann on November, 3, 1962 in Louisville, KY and he survives
- She was a homemaker.
1943 - 2017
- Rosalie was a member of St. Lawrence Catholic Church, Hope Chapter #5 Order of Eastern Star, and Federated Craft Club. She was an avid reader and her favorite author was Dorothea Benton Frank. Rosalie enjoyed watching game shows and Young & The Restless, flowers and gardening. She especially loved spending time with her grandchildren and great grandchildren.
- Surviving with her husband are her children: Jean Marie Sandmann of Louisville, KY, James Anthony Sandmann (wife: Jamie) of Lima, OH and Jesse Nicholas (wife: Catherine) of Lafayette, a sister: Diane Daugherty (husb: Ron) of Louisville, KY, a sister-in-law: Sharon Haven of Louisville, KY, six grandchildren: Dakota, Nickalous, Sara, Brandon, Nicholas and Elizabeth and three great-grandchildren: Aryonna, Carter, and Cody. She was preceded in death by a brother: Jesse Ray Haven.
- There will be a Catholic Wake Service at 4:45 p.m. Thursday, June 29, 2017 followed by the visitation from 5-8 p.m. at Hippensteel Funeral Home. There will also be a 7:30 p.m. Hope Chapter #5 Order of Eastern Star Service. A Mass of Christian Burial will be held at 10:30 a.m. Friday, June 30, 2017 at St. Lawrence Catholic Church. Rev. Fr. Eric Underwood will officiate with Entombment at Tippecanoe Memory Gardens Mausoleum. Memorial contributions may be made to the American Cancer Society. Share memories and condolences online at www.hippensteelfuneralservice.com